Happy new year!
So it appears that when I’m happy, I don’t really have anything to blog about. This is good news though, for sure.
So I won’t be posting very often now. I’m sure if I have anything to rant about I’ll be back in a flash. But I’m merry (and I have a lot of work to do). This year is already easily the best year at university. It’s the first week of a new semester, and considering what I was like this time last semester, things have improved no end.
To end an era, I thought I’d check back to post number 4. I try my absolute best not to compare my ex with my BF, but the problem is, my BF is so much better it’s hard not to think ‘wtf was I doing settling for second best?’.
I think sometimes it is good to look back, because I can appreciate what I have now so much more. I have had the best 2/3 months with my BF, I wouldn’t ever regret anything that’s happened. And don’t think I’m convincing myself about anything, I don’t need to. The smile on my face says it all
Reasons why he is for me:
1. He doesn’t smoke
2. He doesn’t smoke weed
3. I know his friends!!!!!! Last night I went out with him and his housemates for a pub quiz, and went back to theirs, and it was SO good! It sounds stupid, but this was massive to me, and I loved it.
5. I trust him.
6. He’s passionate about his work, and he’s interested in mine. He strives for perfection but doesn’t make me feel like a retard.
7. He has a secret side that loves pop music.
8. He is so funny to go out on a night out with, and I’m never worrying about what’s going to happen.
9. He never cleans his car, but it has moss and he doesn’t care. It’s actually quite comical, and he can laugh at himself.
10. He’s never once moaned about money, and wants a job he’s primarily happy doing.
11. I’ve never heard him slag anyone off.
And this almost made me shed a happy tear (I didn’t, but almost ), my BF met my family for the first time last week, and as soon as we left my younger (and hard to impress because she’s at that age where everything’s uncool) sister sent me the most adorable message.
For the record, he is much better than X. Better by miles
Keep smiling without me guys, this blog will help you out - http://www.doodlelols.wordpress.com
In a completely unrelated note, I spent NYE in Dublin, Ireland (was amazing!) and whilst there watched the movie Pitch Perfect. You should go see it. Currently listening to the soundtrack, here’s a snippet:
Thanks for all your messages, love to all xxx